Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Job Applications- a job all in itself.

This blogging thing can get complicated sometimes! I always have lots to say but it's just a matter of will I have TIME to say it? Things have been super busy with school and such. With the official launch of my website, I have also started applying to jobs. I am looking all the way up to the Baltimore area and all the way backdown to North Carolina. Even a few in Florida (who doesn't love the sunshine state? plus, my brother's there).

Because of my recent trip to Baltimore, I had done research on marketing firms in the area. The economy is so bad and most of the firms were pretty small (something that I think could be great! I love my small office now), that I am kind of afraid that they will just laugh at me for trying to apply to them. But hey, worth a try, right?

The whole job application is WAY more exhausting than I ever imagined. Searching through lists and lists of jobs on sites like Monster and Careerbuilder for hours at a time, seeing plently of jobs that I'm like "Oh! That sounds great!" just to find that they want me to have a decade of experience with multiple Fortune 500 companies.... And the process starts all over. Back to searching thinking the whole time... hmmm maybe a burger flipping job at McDonalds doesn't sound to shabby. Someone's got to flip those glorious burgers.

Sometimes it feels like everything is stacked against us soon-to-be college grads! (unfortnately accurate cartoon courtesy of CartoonResource)

I'll keep on keepin on though. Someone somewhere out there hopefully wants what I have to offer! I think that I make a great employee and marketer, if I do say so myself.

And to continue the tradition, here is an "FML" from fmylife.com. And just like last time and the time before, please note that this is NOT about me. It is about some poor soul that was having a particularly rough day.

"Today, I was running to my car, slipped, and slammed my head on the car door. I started driving to the hospital because it was bleeding profusely and I was dizzy, I called my mom to tell her what had happened. She said I was grounded for "goofing off" and that she was "sick of my shit. FML"

No comments: