Monday, September 21, 2009

Cook Like A Pro

At this point in my life, I am pretty much the worst cook ever. I definately have my specialties: scrambled eggs, grilled cheese, maybe some green beans- but ANYBODY can cook that kind of food. I would love to learn how to cook like a pro... or at least pretty well.

I know that the only real way to learn how to cook is to do it- I would love to sign up for a cooking class- maybe even make it a couples cooking class- how romantic :) I just think it would be great to be able to whip up an entire meal from scratch.
I think the first hurdle that I run across when even considering cooking is pretty crucial: I don't know how to grocery shop. I tend to buy everything that I need for one or two planned meals and then, once those meals are over, I'm stuck with nothing to "whip up" and another trip to the grocery store. I HATE the grocery store.

My second hurdle comes when I get so excited about stuff that I haven't bought in a while that those are sometimes the first to go. You just never know with me. One week I will crush a bag of baby carrots and the next week they will sit in my fridge rotting. On the rare occasion that I buy orange juice- its gone within days. Frustrating.
Anyway, I would love to learn to cook/grill before I die- hopefully WAY before I die for both me AND my boyfrien's sake (don't worry he's a great cook!). And I think that a cooking class would help. Find a cooking class near you! Or try WINNING a free one: click here!






No comments: