Monday, September 14, 2009

Mimick Michelangelo

One of my favorite past times is to check out interior design ideas on websites and in magazines. Sometimes the room has a BEAUTIFUL mural (or at least some kinda design) painted on the wall. I definately want to do something like that in a room in my house (once I get a house). Or... maybe it's not a mural that I want exactly- I don't want an entire landscape scene taken out of a child's Mother Goose book, I would just like some pretty design whether it is a big tree silhouette or perhaps some dandelions (my favorite) or maybe something as simple as a headboard.

I even know someone who painted their dining room a dark, FLAT, purple and painted a vine/flower design over it with clear, SUPER SHINY, gloss... GORGEOUS!!!!! I think that's what I want to do.

Anyway, you may be thinking to yourself... "I don't have the skills/ability to paint a mural (no matter what the size) on my wall!" Have no fear! Art-o-Graph as well as many other companies sell projectors (maybe you can even get one from a local school swapping them out for "smart karts") that allow you to basically trace your entire image on your wall- making it flawless! LOVE IT!

Here is also a video series on how to create an entire wall mural if you so desire- perfect for a child's room or play room!


If you don't want a wall mural simply because it is too much work and way too permanent, perhaps you should try wall decals. There are PLENTY available online for surprisingly cheap. Just Google "wall decals" or look at cool websites such as Etsy.com.




No comments: