Monday, September 28, 2009

Get Inked.

Although I am terrified of anything permanent, I eventually want to get a tattoo (hopefully sooner rather than later. tattoos on younger people are WAY more attractive). I've been thinking lately of getting a key hole on the back of my neck, right below my hairline. I also love dandelions and have considered getting a tattoo of them somewhere- the blowing seeds and suddenly ending stem make that one a little harder to find a suitable place for it, though. I DO love the behind-the-ear tattoos but am anti-cliche tattoos in that spot (in any spot, really) such as... oh... STARS (very cute... just dont want it, myself).

If you are considering getting a tattoo, I recommend you do your research. Find a tattoo artist in your area that has good reviews- get referrals from friends and people you meet who have tattoos that are similar to the style you are looking for. There are also some good websites that might lead you in the right direction (and have done the leg work/research for you and me). These websites include eHow.com, About.com, as well as tattoo blogs such as galadarling.com and needled.com.

Heck, if you're not sure if you want a tattoo,
take a quiz that may help you figure out if they are right for you (yes, its a little bit teeny-bopperish but may still help!) Or... get a henna kit and enjoy a longer term temporary tattoo! OR just have some fun with photoshop and add that tattoo anywhere you like- shock friends and family with the crazy body art they never knew you had (thats what this baby did... or DID he?!)!

No comments: