Thursday, August 21, 2008

Change is good

I think that part of this sudden desire to make things comes from the fact that I am simply starved for change. My mom has always said (reminding herself, of course), "Change is good." My life has become rather routine- but that's not even it. I just want something new. I started small- decorated my room a little different, moved some furniture slightly, added some things to the walls... it just wasn't enough. I need to change myself too.

I've been in dire need of a haircut so - why not do something different? Honesty, I would love to get one of those "scene girls" aka... emo (I know. I said it.) haircuts... I just... am slightly too old- especially to do a 180 on my style; plus, I'm not sure I quite have the "emo" attitude for crazy hair. So, after I came to that conclusion, I just keep telling myself "Maybe next time." I do that a lot. You would think that I believe in reincarnation with that thought pattern, but I do find myslf thinking just that: "Maybe next time." I guess it just shows what a procrastinator I am. I even procrastinate when considering my own... being. I am constantly having to remind myself, "Hello! This is IT." So it's time to compromise with myself. Instead of going totally emo, I'll just change something minor- maybe add some thicker bangs or a streak of pink- I am trying to avoid looking trashy or totally emo, however. I do want to hold a job. We'll see I suppose. Hopefully I won't put it off much longer or I might go Britney Spears on myself.

I just need an entire makeover- hair, clothes, makeup, the works. Maybe I should apply for "What Not to Wear" - I could get my friends to tape me wearing heinous outfits and when Stacy and Clinton jump me, I'd make sure to act surprised.

Meanwhile, I'll just stick to online pretend-shopping, something I have become particularly good at. I have listed some of my favorite and most frequented sites to the right and will try to share some of my findings. I've found I'm rather good at finding the coolest, most expensive things. To start off, check out this crucial table (below, too) it is SO going in my future dining room. It's a table, pool table and ping pong table. I mean, who needs a formal dining room anyways?



4 comments:

Jenni said...

haha, i hate change. but good for you! =] and like electric blue looks ahmazing in brown hair, idk what hair color u have but if you have brown hair throw a couppl of streaks of that in there, and you can find pretty good priced hair dye that lasts 4-6 weeks at hot topic =] just so ya know!
---
Nikki
(chekc out my blog too!)

? said...

so i'm loving your little blog. It's like...3 min inside emily's head. I mean i know you're weird and all...but now I know HOW weird. I'm totally kidding btw, but you know that. I feel like im blogging right now actually. I love that you link things too. Good job!! Keep it up!!

calico melton said...

hi Emily. thank you so much for the encouraging words on my work. its nice to find out i am not just uploading pictures and blabbing on for no reason- someone in blog land is looking and liking so thats really nice to. i have actually not put any up at work... iam a massive critic of myself so i might be too shy to do it.. but maybe i will -its a really good idea. your blog is super rad,i like that your posts are substantial! i hope to see some of your art work on there, i am a total scardey cat for change i hate it i think "they" are wrong when they made up the saying " a change is as good as a rest". however i am a chamelon and find my style to change all the time. i am sure you are not too old for a fashion hair do- do any hairdressers in your area need models to practice on- thats what i do, its especially good cos its free. thanks again :)

Jenni said...

thanks for reading my blog. =]