Tuesday, August 26, 2008

On a lighter note

I've had some time to collect a few interesting/random things this week. Let me emphasize: RANDOM. Lets begin with a quick highlight of blasts from the past. If you were a child in the 80s and early 90s you so recognize this stuff. I mean... Stirrup pants?! So hot. To switch it up sometimes I wore the stirrups outside my frilly/lacy socks and sometimes underneath. I tried to keep 'em guessing. 

Then there was always the TV shows watched while wearing those charming stirrup pants (and giant sweatshirts with iron on teddy bears donning real bows)... Fraggel Rock, for instance- classic (thanks for sending this to me, Alison!). But you can NOT forget Zoobilee Zoo! That show- looking back: TERRIFYING! I mean these people were like.. freaks in animal makeup. I LOVED that show... until I saw the weeping willow episode- scared those frilly socks right off! Don't ask my why. I'm not sure. This is the same child who would cut the tag out of EVERY shirt because it hurt my neck and wore my socks inside out bc the line over my toes dug into them and hurt (I know. I'm weird).




On a more... up-to-date note, I wanted to share some more... mature? findings. I was looking at msn.com (my favorite place to start my finding while at work... you get some education about whats going on in the world then after that, I hit all the links on the main little box and then right over to the lifestyle section- in that order- everyday).

I found this super cute purse while checking out the story of the day the other day highlighting the "Rules of the Season". They had a few good rules... like the flowery dress and the big leather bag... but this purse DEFINATELY caught my eye. I love clutches but would put mine down and never pick it up if i had one. I have a few with a wrist loop but this one is way better. WAY. Better.

THEN... on ThisNext.com I found these AWESOME shelves. They look like they're floating! Like they're something out of a Dr. Seuss book! I just loved them. They're so expensive though that if you want a shelf, you have to call them up and tell them- this is not something that you'd find at your local IKEA (although it does remind me of that.)


One last thing.... don't you just LOVE these hangers? I mean... if I had a cute/hip bookstore/coffee shop I just might have to have these. They would make the place way more airy and how cool are they!? I also like the idea of having them in your closet- as a "behind the doors bookshelf" although my closet is WAY too packed for that.

Okay that is all. Until next time...

1 comment:

? said...

So that whole thing about stir-up pants and iron on sweatshirts...that was so me. On occasion, I would rock the iron on teddy bear sweatshirts with the real bow AND the glitter pen outline on the bear's clothes. WAY COOL! But that second show you mentioned? Zooblie zoo or something I have never heard of!! I was more of a Barney, Kids Songs, Eureka's Castle, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle kinda gal I suppose. I liked this blog!! Do more reminiscing it's fun!!